2023 Literary Cleveland Job Posting
Literary Cleveland is a nonprofit community of writers committed to bringing people into the world of words by providing educational writing opportunities at all levels, promoting new and existing literature of the highest quality, and advancing Northeast Ohio as a vital center of diverse voices and visions.
Literary Cleveland is accepting applications for a Part-time Marketing Coordinator. Applicants must reside in the Northeast Ohio area. Applicants from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Part-Time Marketing Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the marketing content calendar, drafting weekly newsletter communications, designing and scheduling social media posts, and monitoring social media activity. Key goals for the position are to help increase participation in Literary Cleveland programs and to build awareness of the organization and our accomplishments. The position requires strong visual design and written communication experience as well as planning, prioritization, and time management skills. There may be opportunities for growth in the position over time. The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Program Director.
- $18-20/hour depending on experience
- Approximately 20 hours per week on average
- Flexible Monday-Thursday work schedule with holidays and paid time off
- A mix of in-person and remote work with some evenings and weekends required
- Support the Executive Director in developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing strategy to advance the awareness and impact of Literary Cleveland programs
- Maintain content calendar for newsletter, email, and social media marketing
- Draft and send weekly email newsletter and email communications
- Create and manage social media content, monitor social media activity, respond to inquiries on social platforms
- Design images for newsletter, social media, and print marketing
- Assist in photographing programs and events as needed
- Participate in staff meetings to help plan marketing strategy
- Note: The balance of time spent on these responsibilities fluctuates throughout the year
- Previous marketing, communication, and/or social media experience
- Experience with design software (Photoshop, InDesign, or Canva), social media platforms, newsletter marketing (Constant Contact or equivalent), Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom web conferencing
- Clear visual design aesthetic
- Strong scheduling, self-direction, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Proven writing and interpersonal skills
- Photography skills and experience are a plus
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to social justice and equity
- Previous experience in related fields such as writing, literature, arts or education is a plus
- Applicants must reside in the Northeast Ohio area
Note: don't reject yourself! Even if you don't meet all of the preferred qualifications you are still encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed through December 1
- Potential start date of January 8, 2024